ArchDaily, Strelka KB and Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design announce an open call for a joint award to celebrate emerging architects and new ideas that transform contemporary cities. Apply before July 10.
For the past 10 years, Strelka Institute and Strelka KB have been bringing young promising architects from across the country into the spotlight. The alumni of the Institute’s educational programs and the winners of national and international competitions organized by Strelka KB have received recognition from world-renowned architects, as well as from citizens who are fond of the new public spaces, boulevards, and parks that have been revitalized .
As we join forces for the inaugural ArchDaily & Strelka Award, we are looking for architectural projects that bring about positive change and deal with acute urban challenges. We invite emerging architects to submit their built projects that emphasize sustainability, research-based and participatory design, and the innovative use of materials.
We are looking for projects built in Armenia, Azerbaijan , Belarus , Estonia , Georgia , Kazakhstan ,Kyrgyzstan , Latvia , Lithuania , Moldova , Russia , Tajikistan , Turkmenistan , Ukraine , or Uzbekistan in the past five years.
We invite architects and architecture and design firms that started their practice no more than 10 years ago . Only one project from each firm is allowed to take part in the competition.
How it works
The competition will consist of three stages:
11 June – 10 July
- Fill in the Google form below and submit your application by 11:59 pm GMT + 3 on July 10. NB: We kindly ask Russian-speaking architects to submit their applications both in English and Russian.
- The projects selected by ArchDaily and Strelka will be published online on the 17th of July.
Voting: first round
17 July – 31 July
- The first round of voting will start on the 17th of July. Readers of ArchDaily and Strelka Mag will be able to vote online. (The combined readership of ArchDaily and Strelka Mag is over 7 million).
- The projects will be split into different nominations. Finalists will be shortlisted online on the 1st of August.
1 August – 15 August
- The final round of voting will take place from the 1st of August until the 15th of August.
Three finalists will be announced on the 19th of August.
- The winner will have the opportunity to make a documentary about their project, which will be uploaded on the online cinema platform Okko .
- Finalists will be invited to the Future Architect conference which will take place on the 9th and 10th of September in Moscow. They will present their projects as part of the conference and will receive the award from ArchDaily CEO and Editor-in-Chief David Basulto.
If you have any questions, please email the Award Manager Margarita Morar at [email protected]
Submit your project through the form below.
ArchDaily Magazine, Strelka Design Bureau and Strelka Institute announce an open competition for young architects changing cities right now. You can send an application for participation until July 10.
The Strelka Institute and Strelka Design Bureau have been opening dozens of promising young architectural names from all over Russia for 10 years. Graduates of the Institute’s educational programs, winners of national and international architectural competitions received recognition from both jury members and recognized stars of world architecture, as well as citizens who loved new streets, embankments, boulevards and parks.
The organization of this award is another contribution to the development of architectural competencies not only in Russia, but also in fourteen countries.
Who is this contest for?
In the conditions of an accelerated rhythm of life, new information technologies and continuous urbanization, flexibility, accessibility and environmental friendliness become relevant qualities of any project. The aim of the award is to find bureaus that advocate a new approach to architectural design in Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The competition is focused on bureaus that implemented their projects no earlier than 2014 and have existed for no more than 10 years . One project from one bureau may participate in the competition . ArchDaily and Strelka editors will select the winners, and ArchDaily and Strelka Mag readers will select the winners.
How to take part?
It is enough to fill out the Google form at the bottom of the page, so your application will be sent for consideration. It is important to have time to do this before July 10.
Important: We ask Russian-speaking architects to provide a written description of the projects in Russian and English.
How is the contest organized?
June 11 – July 10
- Fill out the Google form and submit your application by July 10, 23:59 Moscow time (GMT + 3). July 17 on the site of the award will be published all projects that have passed the first stage. The candidates for the victory will be selected by the editors of ArchDaily and Strelka Mag.
Voting: first round
July 17 – July 31
- On July 17, a vote will be launched on the site of the award, in which ArchDaily and Strelka Mag readers will participate, with a total audience of more than 7 million. All projects will be divided into nominations. The shortlist of winners will be announced on August 1.
August 1 – August 15
- The second and final round of voting will be held from August 1 to August 15. Winners will be announced on August 19th.
What will winners get?
- Three winners will be invited to the conference “Architect of the Future”, which will be held in Moscow at Strelka from September 9 to 10. There they will present their projects and receive a prize from the hands of the founder and chief editor of ArchDaily, David Basulto.
- The winner with the most votes will get the opportunity to make a documentary about his project, which will be available in the legal online cinema Okko .
To contact us
If you have questions, please write to award producer Margarita Morar at [email protected]
Submit an application through the form below.