Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen) Phase II Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development
Tender for the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) (Shenzhen) Phase II Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development is now open for application, inviting global design teams to participate in the bidding.
Founded in 1963, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a top-ranked research university in Asia and all over the world. In 2014, CUHK (Shenzhen) was approved by the Ministry of Education of the PRC and established in Shenzhen in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools.
The renovation of the start-up area and the construction of Phase I have been completed. The construction of Phase II is scheduled to be completed by June 2023. Phase II is planned to be built on seven reserved sites which are interspersed in the Campus. Expecting building programmings include Teaching Block, Scientific Research Block, Centre for International Academic Exchanges, Clock Tower, College and Amenity Centre.
- Project Information Sheet
- Total Land Area: 78,926.05 square metres
- Gross Floor Area: 267,180 square metres (Floor area included into FAR calculation: 183,180 sq.m. Floor area excluded from FAR calculation: 84,000 sq.m.)
- Estimated Total Investment: CNY 2,190.876 million, sponsored by China Shenzhen Municipal Government
- Total Design Fee: CNY 23.04 million, tentatively
- Tender Schedule
The tender process will be divided into Pre-qualification Stage, Design Competition Stage and Winner Deciding Stage. Notable dates are as follows:
- Pre-qualification Application Submission Deadline: Jan. 18th, 2019 by 17:00 GMT
- Pre-qualification Shortlist Announced: Jan. 31st, 2019 (tentative)
- Site Survey and Q&A Session: Feb. 15th, 2019 (tentative)
- Second Stage Submission Deadline: March 25, 2019 (by 15:00 GMT) (tentative)
- Scheme Review: March 28, 2019 (tentative), presentation required
- Bid Compensation
Winner: Award of Contract
The two bidders who get into the Winner Deciding Stage but not winning: each CNY 800,000 (tax-inclusive)
The two bidders who get into the Design Competition Stage but not into Winner Deciding Stage: each CNY 500,000 (tax-inclusive)
- Application Requirement
According to the Pre-qualification Document, this tender is open to the world and has no qualification requirements. Domestic and foreign design organizations with relevant design experiences may apply for participation. A copy of legal registration document at tender’s home country is required.
Joint groups are permitted; Applications from individuals or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
For more information, please go to CUHK (Shenzhen) Phase II Homepage