The Danish Capital Copenhagen is World renowned for being the most happiest and livable city in the world. If you ask the locals regarding the reward they all will sum-up to one thing and that’s the hygge which generally means coziness, but encompasses far more. The city is well crafted with bike friendly streets, hued town houses and craft studios, Freetown Christiania aligned with Copenhagen is attracted by the concept of collective business, workshops and communal living.
Copenhagen is intricately carved with niches of open spaces, a mix of huge chunks and small pockets; they serve as a platform for varied events and setups. Fælledparken in the northern part of the city is, at 58 hectares, the largest park in Copenhagen. It is popular for sports and hosts an array of annual events, including a free opera concert at the opening of the opera season. Its Copenhagen thought that all citizens should be able to reach a park or beach on foot in less than 15 minutes.
Metropolitans in the other world need to up their mark of being just a concrete Jungle. They need to provide equilibrium of living. With the rate of Urbanization on the Leap, a balance should be striked between Built Form and the Unbuilt environment.
Keeping up with Copenhagen’s theme of jovial and an wholesome living the Competition aims at designing a Recreation space that gives an Innumerable courses of experience at a single epitome. This recreation space coming from Copenhagen will serve as a nodal example for The Urbanizing cities. It should add essence to the living in a meaningful way. The space should be diversified on the lateral front along with providing vertical volumes of experience thus serving as An Infinity Box.
The Competitors should:
- Design an architectural space that accentuates variety of experience at regular intervals giving recreation another meaning.
- Using the set up in a metropolis to its benefits and not as a draw back for recreation and field activities.
- The design should serve as an architectural icon for the city by its purpose of usage and should serve as a prototype to be repeated at varied landscape frameworks.
- Spatial relationships should come into play giving a Traverse experience. The use of volumetric’s and textures should be incorporated to enhance the feel and presence of space.
- 1st Prize- INR 25,000/- + Certificate
- 2nd Prize- INR 12,000/- + Certificate
- 3rd Pize- INR 6000/- + Certificate
- 5 Honourable Mentions
All the participants will be presented with certificates.
INR 780 (INDIAN NATIONALS) per team
US DOLLAR $ 15 (OTHER NATIONALS) per team
(NOTE-Payment link will be sent to your registered email.id from [email protected] after you have submitted the form with in 24hours of form submission)
- Open- July 25th
- Closure- November 1st
- Results- November 8th
*Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm – 00:00 IST (India).
Visit competition website for more information-www.orbitcoop.com
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleOpen Call: Infinity Box Design a Recreational space
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration Deadline31/10/2017 23:30
Submission Deadline01/11/2017 23:30
VenueVesterbros Torv, Copenhagen, Denmark