The State Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture of the Republic of Azerbaijan (Committee) invites the bidders to an open tender for development of the General Plan for Baku city based on the order No. 256 of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic “About the measures on Development of the General plan for Baku city” dated June 27, 2018.
The tender will be held in one stage based on the Quality and Cost Selection (QCS) method and in compliance with the “Law on Public Procurements of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
To be eligible for participation in the tender the Companies should demonstrate their technical capacity, managerial competency and professionalism; international experience in development of urban planning documents (General plans); eligibility to enter into the procurement contracts; and not burdened by any overdue tax or other compulsory payments liabilities.
To express their interest in the open tender, companies should submit a written request to the Committee and transfer non-refundable participation fee in amount of 850 (eight hundred and fifty) AZN or 500 (five hundred) US Dollars
The transfer should have the following reference: “Tender participation fee for General Plan of Baku”
In response the Company will receive the Bidding Documents in Azerbaijani and English languages in soft copy, which will provide detailed information on the requirements and scope of works.
The documents listed below (except items 3 & 4: Tender Proposal and Bid Guarantee) must be submitted not later than 3.00 pm Baku time, February 7, 2019:
1. Written request for participation in the tender;
2. Bank receipt verifying the payment of participation fee;
3. Tender Proposal (valid for at least 30 banking days after opening date – until April 11, 2019);
4. Bid Guarantee in amount of one percent of the Tender Proposal (valid for at least 60 banking days after opening date – until May 27, 2019);
5. Document verifying authorized representative’s right to sign the Tender Proposal and the procurement contract;
6. Document stated the complete name of the bidder, legal status, charter/mission, country of registration and bank requisites;
7. Reference from a Bank attesting to the bidder’s financial position in the last one year;
8. Copy of the financial report approved by the tax authorities showing the bidder’s activities for the last one year;
9. Certificate (reference) from the relevant tax authority on the absence of any past due commitments of the participant on taxes and or other compulsory payments;
10. Copy of special permit (license) for the development of urban planning documents of a bidder or any of consortium members;
11. Bidder’s reference (certificate) about non-insolvency, non-custody of property, non-pledge of property and other obligations, non-suspension of commercial activity by the court decision, and other documents specified in the bidding documents;
All above mentioned documents should be submitted in two copies (one original and one copy). Applicants from foreign countries should also submit the documents translated in Azerbaijani language.
The Tender Proposals (in Azerbaijani and English, in one original and one copy each) and the Bid Guarantee should be submitted to the Committee not later than 3.00 pm February 18, 2019 in double sealed and stamped envelopes. Any envelopes received after the deadline will be sent back unopened.
The bidder must take into account all types of taxes (including VAT) applicable to the procurement contract.
In order to increase their professional qualifications Bidders may establish the Consortium. In that case, all members of consortiums should submit the documents(s) referred to items 6 – 11, as well as consortium agreement.
Opening of the bidding envelopes will be held at the below-mentioned address at 3.00 pm local time on February 19, 2019. Authorized representatives of the bidders may attend the opening of the envelopes.
The Tender Proposals must consist of technical and financial proposals:
Evaluation criteria for technical proposal:
– Specific experience of the participant – 30 points;
– Proposed work plan and methodology according the terms of reference of the project- 25 points;
– Qualification and experience of the team (key experts) – 45 points.
Minimum score for technical assessment: – 70 points.
The benchmark for the financial proposal is the lowest estimate.
Contact person – Gunel Malikova
Phones: + 994 12 493 3467 (int.129)
Fax: + 994 12 498 1414
Email: [email protected]
Address: AZ 1014, Baku, Fuzuli St. 65.
TitleOpen Call: Development of the General Plan for Baku City, Azerbaijan
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline07/02/2019 15:00
Submission Deadline18/02/2019 15:00
VenueBaku, Azerbaijan Republic
Price500 US Dollars or 850 AZN